You can create a Course from the quick create feature in the upper right-hand corner as well as navigate to the course manager menu on the sidebar.
To create a new course click on '+ Add New Course'
A data entry form will open where you need to fill:
- Title - any text to identify the course
- Short Name - course code or a shortened version of the course name
- Program - this is the main track where students are enrolled. High School Diploma or MBA, BSc etc.
- Subject - the parent subject under which the course falls, e.g. Mathematics >>Algebra (here Mathematics is the subject)
- Course Category - this is the credit categories that are required to fulfill a degree program
- Credit Hours - number of credits a student will get after successful completion of the course
- Standards - standards based grading are common methods in USA. You can use the common core or school specific standards
Note: You can select the subject and program from a drop-down menu as well as enter new values by clicking on the +Add New Program or +Add New Subject.
If your institution uses Standards-based grading, whether it is US Common Core or school-specific standards, you can enter them here. You can manage Standard Grades from the Setting menu.
After submitting the course will look like this.
You can add more courses by following the same steps.