Before you start working on your created school you need to set a few parameters that your school follows, for example - periods, sections, rooms, attendance codes, grade setups, honor roll setup, L.O.V. (List of Values), etc. that we will cover in the coming articles.
For now, let us introduce you to the different parameters you will customize.
To navigate to
Menu >> Settings >> Setting panel
Here first you will find the school parameter, under school you will find:
- Periods - Here you can add the number of periods in your school
- Grade Levels - Here you can add the number of grade levels in your school year. ( Includes college years)
- Sections - This lets you divide a grade level into the number of sections your school has.
- Rooms - Add the number of rooms available to accommodate students, staff, and other activities with how many people can be accommodated per room in your school.
- School Fields - Here you can customize what information you need in different sections of the school fields. You can add parameters and fields.
- Preference - Here the admin can set the preference of maximum login trials and inactive days allowed before disabling a user's account.
- Marking Period - You can divide a school year in half (semester) and quarters and more these partitions are the marking periods that can be used for grading and reporting.
- Calendars - Create your school calendar with information like days in a week, yearly festivals and holidays, and other information you need to add to the calendar from the start. you can add other events later.
Under the Student section, you will find:
- Student Fields - Here you can see the list of system generated categories and fields for the student information capture. You can add custom categories and fields.
- Enrollment Codes - Create different codes that will indicate different enrollment actions throughout the school. For example, put NEW for newly enrolled students, DROP for dropped out students, and so on.
Under the Staff section, you will find:
- Staff Fields - Here you can see the list of system generated categories and fields for the staff information capture. You can add custom categories and fields.
Under the Attendance section, you will find:
- Attendance code- Create an attendance code for student attendance that can be used overall at the school. Example - A for Absent, P for Present, T for tardy, and so on.
Under the Grades section, you will find:
- Standard grade setup - You will find US Common Core standards, School-specific standards, and grade standards that the admin can create to be used throughout the school.
- Effort Grade Setup - Here the admin can create effort-based grading parameters by adding effort-based grade categories and items in the effort grade library also create an effort grade scale to use for grades and reports.
- Report Card Grades - Create report card grades by adding the value of the grades and break off to use in calculating aggregates throughout the school as per your school grading to point ratio rule.
- Honor Roll Setup - Create honor-based rolls as per your school requirements to be used throughout the student.
- Report Card Comments - Create a few report card comments on the back end that can be used for reports (common comments), a teacher can give their own written comments on the report card too.
- Historical Marking Period - Create a historical marking period for importing historical marks with the current school marking period pattern.
Under the Administration, manage:
- Profile & Permissions - In this section, the admin can choose which profiles to add like staff, teachers, etc. You can also choose from different permissions that you want to give certain profiles.
Under the List of Values, manage:
You will be choosing a list of values you want to add for the actual sections where you will be adding the details. Parameters you will need to go through are.
- School Level
- School Classification
- Female Toilet Type
- Female Toilet Accessibility
- Male Toilet Type
- Male Toilet Accessibility
- Common Toilet Type
- Common Toilet Accessibility